1. Guardian of Justice Award - This prestigious award is GTLA’s highest honor. It is bestowed upon a member who has given extraordinary service and support to the association. It is awarded annually by the President on the evening of the President’s Gala during the Annual Convention. The honoree is chosen by the President with council from the Executive Committee. Past recipients include Sue Saleska Hamilton, Tommy Malone, Dennis Cathey, Lyle Warshauer, Charles Cork and Matt Nasrallah.
2. Courageous Pursuit of Justice (aka “Nestlehutt Award”) This award is presented to a member lawyer/client combination who have shown exceptional bravery in pursuing justice. The award is given at the discretion of the President and presented to the recipients during lunch at the Annual Convention. The President solicits nominations from the membership and chooses the honorees with counsel from the Executive Committee.
3. Community Service Award - This award is presented to a member who has shown dedication to a community outreach cause in line with GTLA’s mission. It is awarded at the discretion of the President during the Annual Convention lunch. The recipient is selected by the President with input from the Community Outreach Committee Chair
4. Regional TLA of the Year - Selected by the President with input from the Grassroots Director, the Regional TLA Award is given annually at the Annual Convention lunch to the organization that meets the following criteria:
a. Has grown and reached out to other attorneys in the area, both GTLA and non-GTLA members
b. Has increased the number of new GTLA members in the region represented by the TLA since its inception
c. Has shown community outreach and involvement
5. Civil Justice PAC Chair Award - This award is given annually to the outgoing PAC Chair at the President’s Gala
6. Anthony A. Alaimo Excellence in the Judiciary Award - The Anthony A. Aliamo Award for Judicial Excellence is GTLA’s highest judicial honor. It is presented at the discretion of the current President and honors a Georgia member of the judiciary who demonstrates the outstanding qualities of judicial excellence, including integrity, fairness, open-mindedness, knowledge of the law, professional ethics, creativity, sound judgment, intellectual courage, and decisiveness. A permanent stand-alone committee shall be formed in order to set the criteria for future award recipients and also assist staff in the planning and fundraising for the reception. The committee shall consist of the President-Elect, Treasurer and other members to be determined.
7. Presidential Awards - These awards are given to members or non-members at the discretion of the President at any point in time during their tenure for exceptional service given to the organization.
8. Champion of Justice - This award is given at the discretion of the President to groups or individuals. Membership in GTLA is not a requirement for this award.
9. Legislator of the Year - The Legislator of the Year award is given on an individual basis to state or federal legislators who have provided exceptional support to the organization and/or Civil Justice System.
10. Friend of Justice - This award is given at the Holiday Workshop luncheon to members or non-members who have displayed extraordinary support to GTLA and/or the Civil Justice System. It is awarded at the discretion of the President with council from the Executive Committee.